Diablo Bison Burger
- prep time15 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 1
Recipe courtesy of Bone Daddy's.
6 oz ground bison meat
pinch salt and pepper
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ clove garlic, minced
1 cup frying oil
2 oz celery root, peeled and julienned
3 oz blue cheese, crumbled
4 oz hot sauce
1 hamburger roll
1. Mix bison, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and garlic evenly. Form into patty.
2. Add frying oil to a small pot and heat until oil is 350ºF. Once oil is ready, add celery root pieces and cook until golden brown.
3. Place the burger patty on a flattop or in a skillet on medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes on each side to reach medium doneness. Place hot sauce and blue cheese on the burger and cover with a steam dome or the skillet’s lid.
4. Cut the hamburger roll in half and butter each side. Toast the bun open-side-down on the flattop or in a separate skillet on medium heat.
5. To finish, place burger patty on bottom bun, top with fried celery root and close the bun.