Double Coriander Flatbreads
- prep time30 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
Anna Olson's flatbread recipe with fresh coriander.
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp fine salt
¾ cup plain yogurt (not low-fat)
6 Tbsp butter, melted
sea salt, for sprinkling
4 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Combine flour, crushed coriander seeds, baking powder and fine salt in a bowl.
2. Stir in yogurt until dough comes together, then turn out onto a clean, lightly floured surface and knead just until dough feels elastic, about 3 minutes.
3. Return dough to bowl, cover with plastic and let rest for 30 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces, and roll each piece out into an oval about 8-inches long.
5. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and melt 1 Tbsp butter, until foaming subsides.
6. Add 1 flatbread to skillet and cook until bubbles and spot turn brown, about 4 minutes. Turn flatbread over and continue to cook until the same browning occurs.
7. Remove flatbread onto a baking tray and repeat with remaining flatbreads.
8. Immediately before serving, warm flatbreads in a 300 F oven for 5 minutes. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp butter and brush flatbreads. Sprinkle with salt and chopped fresh coriander and serve immediately.
9. Alternatively, flatbreads can be grilled over medium-high, for about 4 minutes on each side.