Flaming Portuguese Pig Pizza
- serves 1
NOTE: Bake pizza on pre-heated pizza stone
Makes use of this episode's Village Pizza Tomato Sauce.
1 piece cooked artisanal sausage
1 14-inch round pizza dough
4 oz Village Pizza Tomato Sauce
3 oz fresh bufalo mozzarella slices
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 oz extra virgin olive oil
½ cup basil cress
1 pinch coarse sea salt
1. Roll out dough to 14 inches wide round – 1/4 inch thick.
2. Spread tomato sauce evenly over dough.
3. Layer sliced buffalo mozzarella cheese and cherry tomato halved on sauce.
4. Drizzle olive oil over top cheese & tomatoes.
5. Bake in preheated 400 ºF oven for 12 -15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat when pizza is crisp.
7. Garnish with fresh basil cress and season with sea salt.
8. Serve with flaming cooked sausage.