Lamb Kebobs with Tamarind Sauce
- serves 0
1 tsp coriander seed
½ cinnamon stick
2 7 oz packages of tamarind
½ Tbsp ginger, smashed
½ cup sugar
juice of 1 grapefruit
1 ½ cup water
1 400 mL can coconut milk
salt and pepperLamb Marinade
1 shallot, diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ Tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 Tbsp black pepper
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 lb(s) lamb leg, silver skin removed, cut into 1” piecesLamb Kebobs
1 medium red onion, inner core removed, outer layers cut into 1” by 1” pieces
marinated lamb pieces
1 bunch mint
1. Place coriander seeds and cinnamon in a pot, toast over medium heat for 1 minute.
2. Add remaining ingredients, break up tamarind with spoon and stir.
3. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
4. Cook for 15-20 minutes until thickened.
5. Strain sauce into a bowl.Lamb Marinade
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl, except for lamb, mix.
2. Add lamb pieces, marinate for a minimum of ½ an hour, maximum, 24 hours.Lamb Kebobs
1. Heat grill.
2. To assemble Lamb Kebobs, push one piece of red onion, through skewer.
3. Push 1 piece of lamb through skewer so lamb is resting on red onion.
4. Skewer mint, stem and leaves, wrapping around red onion and lamb.
5. Continue to push lamb and red onion through skewers, while wrapping mint stem with leaves around Lamb Kebobs.
6. Repeat process until all skewers are full.
7. Grill Lamb Kebobs until lamb is medium rare, approximately 10-12 minutes.
8. Serve with Tamarind Sauce.