Rocky Road Pizza
- prep time10 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
This simple and delicious dessert is a fun twist on traditional pizza.
1 cup toasted almond slivers
1 ½ cup 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate, coarsely chopped, Toblerone type
2 cup mini marshmallows
1 balls 1 ball of pizza dough (see recipe)
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 Tbsp sugar
1. Put the oven rack at the bottom of the oven. Put a pizza baking stone or an inverted baking sheet on the oven rack. Preheat the oven to 500 °F (260 °C). Let the oven warm up so that the stone is well heated.
2. In a bowl, mix the almonds, the chocolate and the marshmallows. Put aside.
3. Sprinkle a little cornmeal on the pizza stone and on the pizza board.
4. Flatten a ball of dough to obtain a crust of about 10 in. (25 cm) diameter. Lay the dough on the board. Cover the surface with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove the pizza from the oven and spread the marshmallows and the chocolate mixture on it. Continue to bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until the marshmallows are nicely melted.
6. Let it cool and eat immediately.
7. *Note: For a fruity touch, add banana cubes or Marasquin cherries.