Scallop Ceviche with Tomato and Avocado Salad
- serves 6
12 very fresh large scallops, sliced into 3 discs
½ cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
¼ cup oilive oil
1 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
¼ tsp saltTomato and Avocado Salad
1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
1 avocado, pitted and finely diced
1 green onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp marinade marinade from the ceviche, or to taste
¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
salt and pepperSpicy
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp jalapeno or other hot pepper sauce
Grated zest of 1 lime
3 small tortillas
1. In a glass dish, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving both the scallops and the marinade.Tomato and Avocado Salad
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Line a chilled cocktail glass with 6 scallop slices and spoon some of the salad into the centre. Repeat with 5 more glasses.
3. Serve with spicy tortilla chips.Spicy
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. In a bowl, combine the oil, hot pepper sauce and lime zest. Brush both sides of the tortillas with the mixture. Stack the tortillas and cut into 8 triangles.
3. Arrange the tortillas on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool.