2 onions, peeled and chopped
3 clove cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb(s) ground turkey
1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes
¼ cup chili powder
1 17 oz. can black beans
12 taco shells
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
Half a red onion, chopped
Half a bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Sliced green onions
1. Sauté the onions and garlic with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until they soften, then add ground turkey, breaking it up with a spoon as it begins to brown.
2. When it's browned, add tomatoes and stir, breaking them up with a spoon.
3. Add the chili powder and black beans and season with salt.
4. Let simmer until all liquid has evaporated and mixture is thickened.
1. Toss ingredients together and set aside to let flavours mingle.
1. Line taco shells with a lettuce leaf and then add a spoonful of filling and some salsa.
2. Garnish with your choice of toppings and crunch away!