Vanilla Pound Cake with Peach Vanilla Freezer Jam
- serves 0
Makes 2 9-x-5-inch loaf pans.
1 lb(s) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
9 large eggs
3 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmegPeach Vanilla Freezer Jam
2 cup peeled and diced ripe peaches (any blemishes removed)
¼ cup lemon juice
1 vanilla bean
3 cup sugar
1 pouch liquid pectin
1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease 2 9-x-5-inch loaf pans.
2. With electric beaters or in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla and add in eggs (on medium speed) one at a time, scraping the bottom of the bowl often.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour with cream of tartar, salt and cinnamon or nutmeg. Add to butter mixture in 3 additions on low speed, scarping bowl often, taking care not to over mix. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pans and tap pans on counter to lift out any large air bubbles.
4. Bake for about an hour, until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cakes in their pans on a cooling rack for 40 minutes, then turn cakes out to cool completely.Peach Vanilla Freezer Jam
1. Place peaches and lemon juice in a medium saucepot. Scrape out seeds from vanilla bean and place seeds and bean in pot. Bring ingredients up to a simmer over medium heat, then add sugar. Simmer ingredients for about 15 minutes, stirring often. Remove vanilla bean and stir in pectin.
2. Ladle jam into cleaned, plastic, freezer-safe containers, leaving ½-inch gap at top of containers (to allow for expansion in the freezer). Let jam cool before putting on lids, then label, date and freeze. Once thawed, jam will keep up to a month in the fridge.
3. Makes about 4 cups jam