- prep time20 min
- total time 80 min
- serves 6-8
Chuck Hughes' white Sangria with a refreshing citrus rim is an amazing twist on a Spanish classic.
Zest of 3 lemons
Zest of 3 orangesWhite Sangria
2 cup white port
½ cup Triple Sec
1 cup raspberries
1 or 2 peaches, peeled, halved and diced
1 cup Corinthian grapes, frozen
1 bottle of sparkling white wine
1. Preheat oven at 65 C (150 F).
2. Put all of the zest on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven for about an hour or until dry.
3. Using a spice grinder, reduce the zest to a fine powder. Set aside.White Sangria
1. Mix all the ingredients, except the sparkling white wine and Corinthian grapes, in a big Mason jar. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2. Rim the glasses with the zest powder. Pour the sangria mixture into tall glasses up to 1/3 of the glass. Add frozen Corinthian grapes. Top with sparkling white wine.