This is the easiest brunch ever because nothing here is made from scratch. Just get your favourite vegan pancake mix and add non-dairy milk, plus whatever add-ins you like — fresh blueberries, peaches, cranberries, or chocolate chips and banana slices!
Ingredients (makes 8):
1 cup Coyote Flaxseed Pancake & Waffle Mix
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
1 banana, sliced into rounds
1/4 cup chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
2-3 Tbsp vegan butter for frying
1. In a mixing bowl combine the pancake mix with non-dairy milk. It should be a runny consistency if you want nice, thin, evenly cooked pancakes. If you want them fluffy by all means leave out the extra 1/2 cup of liquid. I just find they’re never cooked in the middle when you do this. Then fold in chocolate chips and banana slices.
2. Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and when it’s hot use a paper towel to spread a small amount of vegan butter on the bottom surface of the pan. It should sizzle.
3. Take a 1/4 cup of pancake batter and pour it in the centre of the pan. Once the surface starts to bubble a lot then you can flip the pancake over and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes. Continue until all the pancakes are made.
– I like to keep them warm by placing the finished pancakes on a baking sheet in the oven heated to 200°F.
– We also tried Yves Veggie Breakfast Links and fried those in 2 teaspoons of maple syrup so they tasted restaurant style and… Voila! Breakfast is served.