Steaming-hot pastas, soups and roast dinners may be all we crave in the dead cold of winter, but when the warm rays of spring come along? It’s the cool, light and refreshing meals we’re after.
For the perfect sunny-day dinner, I put together the Apple Cobb Salad. Packed with lots of greens, roast chicken, apple and plenty more, this perfect springtime meal is topped with honey mustard vinaigrette making it equal parts tasty and nutritious.
For the honey mustard dressing:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1/2 cup
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp white-wine vinegar
1 small clove garlic, minced
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Oven Roasted Chicken
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
1 green apple, diced
1 Tbsp Gojo berries
2 Tbsp pecans
1 cup mixed greens (kale, chard, spinach)
1. In a small bowl, mix mustard, honey, vinegar, garlic and salt.
2. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
3. Roast the chicken and cook the quinoa as advised on the package.
4. Practice Mise en Place and prep the ingredients.
6. Throw all the ingredients in a bowl.
7. Add desired amount of dressing and mix well.
8. Plate, and enjoy!