Revitalize with our signature green energy cleanse juice. Whether you are looking to incorporate more vegetables into your diet or want a healthy way to rediscover a cleaner diet, this juice has got your back. As some of our readers know, Amanda got engaged in February and her wedding date is approaching fast. To help get her dress ready she’s added 1-2 of these drinks a day to help nourish her body, keep energy high, and cleanse of unwanted toxins. How should you incorporate this into your diet? Each serving of this juice is less than 200 calories and packed with calcium and fibre from fresh vegetables and fruit. If you are not juice cleansing, consider serving it with a hard-boiled egg, a handful of almonds, or a spoonful of your favourite nut butter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
2 Macintosh apples
2 large handfuls of spinach
1 handful parsley
1-inch ginger, peeled
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
- Wash and dry all of your ingredients. Do not peel. Roughly chop the carrot, cucumber and apples.
- In a blender, combine the carrot, apple, cucumber, spinach, parsley, ginger and juice of the lemon and lime.
- Add 1/2 cup of ice and 1/2 cup of filtered water and blend until liquified.
- Place a sieve (strainer) over a large bowl. Pour juice into the sieve and let the juice drain into the bowl. Using the back of a spoon, press the pulp against the sieve to squeeze out more juice.
- Do not stir inside the sieve or scrape pulp off the bottom of the sieve.
- Pour into a large sealable container to keep fresh in the fridge for up to three days.
Amanda Riva is the host of The Hot Plate, a free online cooking show dedicated to inspiring culinary confidence in new cooks. The Hot Plate also offers regular cooking tips and advice, how-tos, and information on seasonal ingredients.